Monday, December 23, 2013

The Origami Pilipinas Exhibit

I became a member of Origami Pilipinas August this year (I posted this on 2013) so I am given a chance to showcase my works alongside the works of others in the KaPEACEtahan (kapistahan means feast in English) and the fair to be held at the Quezon Memorial Circle in Quezon City.
21st of September is here. It’s 8:00 AM. I have to ready my works and go to the venue, since the club is supposed to be there at 10:00 AM. I put my works in a big plastic thingy and put them into my car. My parents are coming with me, since, who wouldn’t see their children’s works displayed publicly?
My dad was driving while me and my mom were talking about some random things when eventually, we see this white tower-like structure. It is the monument situated at the middle of the Quezon Memorial Circle, the designated venue for the KaPEACEtahan and the (job) fair.
image
We come to the park. The booths were there, but none of my club members were in sight.
Almost an hour passes, and STILL no club members…….
"Where the freaking hell are they?," I said……
But after a few minutes my Nihongo teacher came. I immediately had a sense of hope. She was there to support me. Arigatou gozaimasu sensei! (Bows with hands on the side)
Well, she too, was disappointed. Well, who wouldn’t get angry if this person tells you to go to a place in a designated time, yet when you come there the leader himself is late. :P
A nice lady offered us a booth to display my works. But I had a hesitant feeling inside telling me to wait for the other members. "What will I do if I did something contrary to what they want?," I said to myself.
Also, I do not want an exhibit where it is only my works that are displayed (unless told by the leader), where there are also other club members eager to display their works.
At last! A member came. He was also wondering where the club leader was. The leader lives in Antipolo, Rizal and even though Antipolo has quite a distance from Quezon, the travel is really short if you are riding a vehicle and there is no problem with the traffic.
When my works were set up, many people were going to our booth, marveling at the pieces of paper artistically crumpled. I also taught origami to 2 groups of people.
Some of the members also came, carrying with them their works to be in the exhibit.
Anyway, here is a photograph of my booth:
image
image
(Oh yeah„„I also forgot to tell you that I am a little hesitant about putting my name on the center, since, this exhibit is not only about MY exhibit.
But, the exhibit was a success! Yey mooncakes!
3:00 PM. We were sitting in front of the booth when someone familiar is coming. It’s the leader!
He told us that the traffic had problems and that Antipolo was flooded. There was a typhoon then so I wasn’t surprised.
After lighting a fixture to back light my tessellations, we packed up our things and go, while the other members changed their booth position closer to the stage where a concert will be held. It was like I was the morning shift while THEY were the afternoon and evening shift.
Closing note: I would like to say thank you to the Origami Exhibit for inviting me and the rest of the club members to showcase their works. It was the first time I had my works exhibited publicly.
I would also like to give thanks to my Nihongo teacher, who really SUPPORTED me in the exhibit. Sensei, arigatou gozaimasu!
My parents also helped me in fixing the things I am going to bring, and also drove me there. My dad also mad the giant light fixture for my tessellations. Thank you very much :D )
And lastly, I would like to thank the QMC management to let us have our exhibits there, and assisting us in our problems regarding the venue. Thank you!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...