Monday, December 23, 2013

Double Triangle Sawtooth Tessellation

This is designed by Miguel Angel Blanco Munoz from Barcelona, Spain, while the diagrams are in Eric Gjerde’s Book Origami Tessellations.
When I started in making it, I was like, “wow, it’s so easy. I wonder why Gjerde put it in the intermediate section of the book." Well, I found out why.
Start working from the center, and it is pretty easy. But when you reach the rim of the tessellation, you will have no choice but to open the paper up.
If that is not how you did it, well that’s how I was able to complete it. But, despite it being very hard, at least the tessellation turned out pretty nice.
image
image
The tessellation is composed of some not-so-ordinary hexagon twists, and some triangle twists connected together in a way that they form a rhombus.
If I were to rank it from 1-10, 10 being the hardest, it would be a 6.
From the picture, it really seems easy. But, when you start making it, it may be a little pain in the ass, but it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...