Monday, December 23, 2013

Daisy Chains Tessellation

This is designed by Eric Gjerde. The diagrams/crease pattern can be found in his book “Origami Tessellations.”
When I saw first this tessellation, I was like, “oh wow! So beautiful!" but when I saw the crease pattern in the book (which uses a 64 by 64 grid) I was like, "oh crap.”
But then, I thought, “what would it look like when I use a 32 by 32 grid?” and so, I got the tessellation in the picture below.
In the book, it is labelled as “intermediate”. The way it is tilled is very similar to the “Star Twist” Tessellation I featured months ago, but this model is more complicated. Tilling the flower can be a bit complicated, but the end result is worth it.
image
In the book, it is one of the few tessellations which does not have a “back-lighted” photo in the book. I do not know why, but I’m not supposed to care about it much either. Anyway, it looks beautiful when back-lighted.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...