Monday, December 23, 2013

Book Review: Everything Origami (Matthew Gardiner)

image
I remember my “Grade-6 classmate” bring this to school some day just before the end of the school year. I was astounded with the various models diagrammed in the book, especially the origami “Verdi’s Vase,” which is now one of my favorite models.
The book is very expensive (well, in the Philippines it is). But, all the money is worth it when you see the marvelous models in the book, ranging from the skills of a beginner to that of an expert.
It is divided into 8: The Origami History, Traditional, Flowers and Decorations, Toys, Practical Boxes, Geometric, Animals, and Dinosaurs.
Well, the book also has its imperfections. The origami bookmark in the “Practical Boxes” section has one of its illustrations wrong. You can still base your works with the photograph at the start of each diagram.
If I would give the book a rating from 1-10, 10 being the highest, I would give it a 9.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...